If you have the skill set and tools to hang a smoke detector and know how to operate a touchscreen then the short answer is yes, you should install your own security system. Here's why.
- Easy installation. Everything is wireless. You can mount our Control Hub on the wall or use the optional table top stand and sit it on a table or counter. The Hub requires power from a regular 120V power outlet. The Hub has a back-up battery for 24hrs. of operation if the power goes out. The Hub has 5 built in wireless radios for communications. Security & Life Safety Devices are all battery operated and connect to the Hub via the PowerG radio with a range of up to 1/4 mi. line of site. All automation devices like thermostats, lights, locks, garage door openers and water valves utilize the Z-Wave radio in the Hub. Primary communications to Alarm.com, your app and the monitoring center if you choose 24/7 Professional Monitoring all use your choice of an AT&T or Verizon cellular radio. The panel connects to your Wi-Fi for back-up communications if the cellular would fail and for system updates. The panel is fully functional with out Wi-Fi though. Need Wi-Fi quick? We can help with that too. Lastly, there is also a Bluetooth radio to connect your phone if you would like your door to unlock, lights to come on and thermostat adjust automatically when you come home. The entire installation is enrolling the sensors into the Hub and devices and then mounting them. That's it.
- Be the master of your system. If you install your own system you'll learn everything there is to know about it. You'll learn it's limitations as well as all of it's potential. You'll find yourself coming up with new ideas to make your life easier and safer. Want to know when the mail's in the box at the end of the drive? Utilize our Flex I/O sensor to get an alert when ever the mailbox door is opened or closed. Utilize our driveway motion sensor to send you a video clip from your driveway cam to your phone and have the outdoor flood lighting turn on if it's after dark when someone pulls in your drive. When there is a problem, you'll have the knowledge and resources from us to quickly solve it. No need for long waits on the phone or taking the day off to be home for a service call.
- Expand your system easier. If you have your system professionally installed that means an installer coming to your house and spending a half a day to a full day there. Inside and out. Anytime you want to add some new devices or features this means scheduling another appointment for an installer to come back to your house. Our on-line store is always open 24/7. When you decide that you're ready to expand your system order the device or devices from our website and get delivery fast.
- Nothing is free. Ignore any company offering you a Free Security System (aka junk). They're just trying to lock you into a costly and lengthy contract for the monthly services. We offer the same services month to month. No contract required. You can cancel and switch to another provider anytime. You own the system and it is one of the most important investments that you will put into your home. It will add value to your home and could save you money on your home owners insurance all while keeping you safe!
- If you let us be your provider you'll be getting professional grade equipment and services at the best prices with flexible finance options. Here's an example of the difference in professional grade and low grade. Our sensors have a range of around 2,000 feet. A free security system sensor range is going to be 80-200 feet open air line of site. A lot less with walls in between. Our Outdoor Flex I/O Sensor can work anywhere there is cell signal, like the gate at the farm or cabin.
I offer small town service coast to coast!
I have happy customers nationwide. I've sold and installed thousands of internet, Satellite TV, security and cell phone boosters sytems. I'm ready to share that knowledge with you for free.
Get started today
Alarm.com technology is available exclusively from licensed, certified service providers who are equipped, trained and trusted to protect you. Take the first step towards a smarter, safer home by clicking below.